Pilgrim from Karnataka killed in car accident in Uttarkashi
Dehradun: A pilgrim from Karnataka was on Monday killed and another got injured when a rock rolling down a hillside hit their car in Uttarkashi district, police said here.
Manjunath, resident of Karnataka, was crushed to death as the huge rock falling from the hillside at Nalupani in the district fell over the car.
Another pilgrim from Bulandshahar in Uttar Pradesh Brij Mohan Sharma was injured in the accident.
He has been admitted to a hospital in Uttarkashi.
Car driver Jaipal Singh escaped unharmed, Dharasu Police Station SHO Dinesh Kumar said.
The pilgrims were returning to Delhi from the Himalayan shrine of Gangotri when they met with the accident nearly 28 km from Uttarkashi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley