Pilgrim from Karnataka killed in car accident in Uttarkashi
Dehradun: A pilgrim from Karnataka was on Monday killed and another got injured when a rock rolling down a hillside hit their car in Uttarkashi district, police said here.
Manjunath, resident of Karnataka, was crushed to death as the huge rock falling from the hillside at Nalupani in the district fell over the car.
Another pilgrim from Bulandshahar in Uttar Pradesh Brij Mohan Sharma was injured in the accident.
He has been admitted to a hospital in Uttarkashi.
Car driver Jaipal Singh escaped unharmed, Dharasu Police Station SHO Dinesh Kumar said.
The pilgrims were returning to Delhi from the Himalayan shrine of Gangotri when they met with the accident nearly 28 km from Uttarkashi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family