Pilgrimage to Badrinath, Hemkund suspended
Gopeshwar: After the Gangotri shrine, the
pilgrimage to Badrinath temple and Hemkund Sahib gurudwara was
suspended today following landslides in Uttarakhand`s Chamoli
Rains-triggered landslides struck Pandukeshwar and
Vishnuprayag areas leaving hundreds of pilgrims stranded on
the Rishikesh-Badrinath national highway, Chamoli District
Magistrate Neeraj Semwal said.
Over 200 Border Road Organisation (BRO) and police
personnel had been pressed into service to clear the road of
the debris, he said.
It might take a couple of days to resume road traffic
on the highway, the DM said adding other districts had been
informed about the suspension of pilgrimage to Bardrinath and
On Friday, the pilgrimage to Gangotri shrine was
suspended after landslides damaged a 50-mt stretch of road at
Bhatwari on the Rishikesh-Gangotri national highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor