Police begins probe into `conspiracy` against ND Tiwari
Dehra Dun: Police have begun a probe into the claim of ND Tiwari`s close aide that the veteran Congress leader was given sleeping pills for several years as part of a conspiracy.
"On the basis of media reports, we have ordered investigation into the claims of Bhawanidutt Bhatt, an OSD of N D Tiwari, that Tiwari was given sleeping pills after he became the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand (2002-07)," SSP Neeru Garg said here on Sunday.
A police team led by DSP T D Baila will submit its report within seven days after questioning Tiwari`s private staff and security personnel, Garg added.
Bhatt had claimed that as part of a conspiracy, Tiwari was given sleeping pills four times a day along with his other medicines for years.
The OSD, however, had refused to disclose identity of the persons involved into the alleged conspiracy and had said they were among his close ones and private staff.
88-year-old Tiwari had refused to comment on the issue.
His rivals, however, in the Congress party had termed it a "political stunt" and said Tiwari is trying to gain mileage after he was embroiled in controversies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today