Police begins probe into `conspiracy` against ND Tiwari
Dehra Dun: Police have begun a probe into the claim of ND Tiwari`s close aide that the veteran Congress leader was given sleeping pills for several years as part of a conspiracy.
"On the basis of media reports, we have ordered investigation into the claims of Bhawanidutt Bhatt, an OSD of N D Tiwari, that Tiwari was given sleeping pills after he became the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand (2002-07)," SSP Neeru Garg said here on Sunday.
A police team led by DSP T D Baila will submit its report within seven days after questioning Tiwari`s private staff and security personnel, Garg added.
Bhatt had claimed that as part of a conspiracy, Tiwari was given sleeping pills four times a day along with his other medicines for years.
The OSD, however, had refused to disclose identity of the persons involved into the alleged conspiracy and had said they were among his close ones and private staff.
88-year-old Tiwari had refused to comment on the issue.
His rivals, however, in the Congress party had termed it a "political stunt" and said Tiwari is trying to gain mileage after he was embroiled in controversies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam