Police clueless in Badrinath priest murder case
Dehradun: A day after the murder of a Badrinath shrine priest who was found dead in his residence late Saturday, the police remained clueless about the perpetrators.
Prakash Bhatt, 50, working as a priest was found dead in the Teerth Purohit locality on Sunday in a pool of blood.
A senior official told a news agency that they had taken the case with utmost seriousness as the killing took place in the vicinity of the famous religious shrine.
Bhatt`s body was found by his fellow priests after he did not turn up at the temple. He had multiple injuries in his head and blood was also oozing out of his ears, an official informed.
An autopsy has been conducted on the body and the police now await the report for further leads. The Badrinath police station has, however, begun questioning people for more information about the deceased.
Superintendent of Police (SP) SK Meena told a news agency that a blood stained `tava` had been recovered from the room of Bhatt and that prima facie the case appeared to be that of murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!