Police clueless in Badrinath priest murder case
Dehradun: A day after the murder of a Badrinath shrine priest who was found dead in his residence late Saturday, the police remained clueless about the perpetrators.
Prakash Bhatt, 50, working as a priest was found dead in the Teerth Purohit locality on Sunday in a pool of blood.
A senior official told a news agency that they had taken the case with utmost seriousness as the killing took place in the vicinity of the famous religious shrine.
Bhatt`s body was found by his fellow priests after he did not turn up at the temple. He had multiple injuries in his head and blood was also oozing out of his ears, an official informed.
An autopsy has been conducted on the body and the police now await the report for further leads. The Badrinath police station has, however, begun questioning people for more information about the deceased.
Superintendent of Police (SP) SK Meena told a news agency that a blood stained `tava` had been recovered from the room of Bhatt and that prima facie the case appeared to be that of murder.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory