Police clueless in Badrinath priest murder case
Dehradun: A day after the murder of a Badrinath shrine priest who was found dead in his residence late Saturday, the police remained clueless about the perpetrators.
Prakash Bhatt, 50, working as a priest was found dead in the Teerth Purohit locality on Sunday in a pool of blood.
A senior official told a news agency that they had taken the case with utmost seriousness as the killing took place in the vicinity of the famous religious shrine.
Bhatt`s body was found by his fellow priests after he did not turn up at the temple. He had multiple injuries in his head and blood was also oozing out of his ears, an official informed.
An autopsy has been conducted on the body and the police now await the report for further leads. The Badrinath police station has, however, begun questioning people for more information about the deceased.
Superintendent of Police (SP) SK Meena told a news agency that a blood stained `tava` had been recovered from the room of Bhatt and that prima facie the case appeared to be that of murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch