Police pastes CBI notice outside Balkrishna`s home
Dehra Dun: Haridwar Police on Wednesday pasted a
CBI notice outside the residence of Baba Ramdev`s close aide
Balkrishna, asking him to appear before the agency tomorrow
for allegedly using forged documents to acquire passport, even
as efforts were on to trace his whereabouts.
The police has pasted the CBI notice outside Divya Yog
mandir ashram residence of Balkrishna in which he has been
summoned to appear on July 28 for questioning in the
investigating agency`s office here, said Haridwar SSP Kewal
Meanwhile, efforts are on to trace Balkrishna, who
had gone missing on Monday, a day after the investigating
agency registered a case against him for allegedly furnishing
fake documents for procuring a passport.
Khurana said the search for him would be intensified
once the `Kanwar` mela is over in the next few days.
A missing person report was lodged in Kankhal Police
Station of Haridwar on Monday night by Balkrishna`s gunner
Jayendra singh Aswal after he failed to locate him.
In his report, Aswal said he reached Balkrishna`s
residence to accompany him to his Patanjali yogpeeth office on
Monday morning but he asked him to go to the office alone
saying that he would leave later.
However, Aswal said Balkrishna did not come. After
returning to the ashram, Aswal inquired about him but his
whereabouts could not be traced following which he filed the
report with the police.
Ashram officials told police that Balkrishna had gone
for some "urgent work" and he would soon return.
The CBI has registered a case against him on Sunday
under section 420 (cheating) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy)
for procuring the fake degree and violation of section 12 of
Passport Act (knowingly furnishing false documents for getting
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?