Police records U`khand rape accused official`s statement
Dehradun: Uttarakhand police questioned a senior bureaucrat of Uttarakhand government, who has been charged with raping a young woman on the pretext of providing her a government job, and recorded his statement in the case.
Additional Secretary (Home) JP Joshi, who has been accused in the rape case, was questionned at his residence yesterday, official sources said, adding that the police recorded his statement under section 161 of CrPC.
The police team will head to the spot in Nainital where the alleged rape took place and collect details, they said.
Police had recorded the statement of the woman yesterday, after she had filed a complaint in Delhi on November 22.
In the FIR, the woman has alleged that on the pretext of giving her a job in the tourism department, Joshi had called her to a room in the Police Lines Officers` Club and raped her. He then threatened her to keep quite about it.
She has also named Youth Congress leader Ritu Kandiyaal and Police Superintendent of Dehradun (Rural) Jagdish Bhandari. She has alleged that Kandiyaal had introduced her to Joshi while Bhandari had pressurised her to keep quite after the alleged crime.
In a counter move, Joshi filed an FIR against the woman and two others on November 22, alleging that they blackmailed and threatened him.
In the FIR, Joshi has claimed that on November 16, the woman and two men named MP Singh and Sanjay sought some confidential government documents from him and threatened to blackmail him if he did not give them the papers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know