Preparations for President`s visit begin in Uttrakhand
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand government has begun preparations for President Pranab Mukherjee`s visit to Haridwar next month where he will address the convocation of a University, official sources said here Tuesday.
Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain held a meeting of senior officials here to review the preparations in view of the President`s December 9 visit to Haridwar to address the 4th convocation of Dev Sanskriti University as the Chief Guest.
Jain asked the officials concerned to put in place a foolproof security system ahead of the President`s visit.
As per the President`s proposed itinerary, he will land at the Jollygrant Airport where he would be welcomed by Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Quraishi, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna besides senior administrative and Army officials.
From Jollygrant, Mukherjee will go by chopper to the Army helipad at Raiwala from where he will go by road to Haridwar based Shanti Kunj which is adjacent to the University, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'