Preparations for President`s visit begin in Uttrakhand
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand government has begun preparations for President Pranab Mukherjee`s visit to Haridwar next month where he will address the convocation of a University, official sources said here Tuesday.
Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain held a meeting of senior officials here to review the preparations in view of the President`s December 9 visit to Haridwar to address the 4th convocation of Dev Sanskriti University as the Chief Guest.
Jain asked the officials concerned to put in place a foolproof security system ahead of the President`s visit.
As per the President`s proposed itinerary, he will land at the Jollygrant Airport where he would be welcomed by Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Quraishi, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna besides senior administrative and Army officials.
From Jollygrant, Mukherjee will go by chopper to the Army helipad at Raiwala from where he will go by road to Haridwar based Shanti Kunj which is adjacent to the University, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!