President Pranab Mukherjee to visit Haridwar
Haridwar: President Pranab Mukherjee will be the chief guest at the fourth convocation of Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidalaya next month, the university said on Sunday.
During the December 09 event, a total of 1,370 degrees will be awarded, including 31 gold medals, as well as 77 doctorates, said a statement from pro vice chancellor Chinmay Pandya.
For the first time, degrees would be given away to students of distance education programme too.
Others who will be facilitated will included Marco Ferrini, who has worked on alternative therapy in the US, and Hindi writer Narendra Kohli, the statement said.
Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi and Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna will also attend the function.
The university is part of "Gayatri Pariwar", a spiritual group based in Haridwar.
It is also engaged in widespread tree plantation, cleaning the Ganges and other rivers, and contributing to the upkeep of key pilgrimage centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read