President Pranab Mukherjee to visit Haridwar
Haridwar: President Pranab Mukherjee will be the chief guest at the fourth convocation of Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidalaya next month, the university said on Sunday.
During the December 09 event, a total of 1,370 degrees will be awarded, including 31 gold medals, as well as 77 doctorates, said a statement from pro vice chancellor Chinmay Pandya.
For the first time, degrees would be given away to students of distance education programme too.
Others who will be facilitated will included Marco Ferrini, who has worked on alternative therapy in the US, and Hindi writer Narendra Kohli, the statement said.
Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi and Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna will also attend the function.
The university is part of "Gayatri Pariwar", a spiritual group based in Haridwar.
It is also engaged in widespread tree plantation, cleaning the Ganges and other rivers, and contributing to the upkeep of key pilgrimage centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars