President Pranab Mukherjee to visit Haridwar
Haridwar: President Pranab Mukherjee will be the chief guest at the fourth convocation of Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidalaya next month, the university said on Sunday.
During the December 09 event, a total of 1,370 degrees will be awarded, including 31 gold medals, as well as 77 doctorates, said a statement from pro vice chancellor Chinmay Pandya.
For the first time, degrees would be given away to students of distance education programme too.
Others who will be facilitated will included Marco Ferrini, who has worked on alternative therapy in the US, and Hindi writer Narendra Kohli, the statement said.
Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi and Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna will also attend the function.
The university is part of "Gayatri Pariwar", a spiritual group based in Haridwar.
It is also engaged in widespread tree plantation, cleaning the Ganges and other rivers, and contributing to the upkeep of key pilgrimage centres.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts