President to address varsity convocation at Haridwar
Dehradun: President Pranab Mukherjee will be on a day-long visit to Haridwar next month to address the convocation of Dev Sanskriti Vishwa Vidyalaya on December 9.
The President has confirmed his visit, DSVV Pro Vice Chancellor Chinmay Pandya said on Monday.
Mukherjee will be the chief guest on the occasion while the convocation will be presided over by university Chancellor Pranav Pandya, he said.
1370 degrees and 32 gold medals will be given away in different disciplines at the convocation besides conferment of 77 doctorate degrees, Pandya said.
Distinguished people from different walks of life will also be conferred with honorary doctorate degrees. They include noted literateur Narendra Kohli and Prof Marco Faireni for his remarkable work in the field of alternative medicine, Pandya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling