President to address varsity convocation at Haridwar
Dehradun: President Pranab Mukherjee will be on a day-long visit to Haridwar next month to address the convocation of Dev Sanskriti Vishwa Vidyalaya on December 9.
The President has confirmed his visit, DSVV Pro Vice Chancellor Chinmay Pandya said on Monday.
Mukherjee will be the chief guest on the occasion while the convocation will be presided over by university Chancellor Pranav Pandya, he said.
1370 degrees and 32 gold medals will be given away in different disciplines at the convocation besides conferment of 77 doctorate degrees, Pandya said.
Distinguished people from different walks of life will also be conferred with honorary doctorate degrees. They include noted literateur Narendra Kohli and Prof Marco Faireni for his remarkable work in the field of alternative medicine, Pandya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP