President to address varsity convocation at Haridwar
Dehradun: President Pranab Mukherjee will be on a day-long visit to Haridwar next month to address the convocation of Dev Sanskriti Vishwa Vidyalaya on December 9.
The President has confirmed his visit, DSVV Pro Vice Chancellor Chinmay Pandya said on Monday.
Mukherjee will be the chief guest on the occasion while the convocation will be presided over by university Chancellor Pranav Pandya, he said.
1370 degrees and 32 gold medals will be given away in different disciplines at the convocation besides conferment of 77 doctorate degrees, Pandya said.
Distinguished people from different walks of life will also be conferred with honorary doctorate degrees. They include noted literateur Narendra Kohli and Prof Marco Faireni for his remarkable work in the field of alternative medicine, Pandya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth