President to address varsity convocation at Haridwar
Dehradun: President Pranab Mukherjee will be on a day-long visit to Haridwar next month to address the convocation of Dev Sanskriti Vishwa Vidyalaya on December 9.
The President has confirmed his visit, DSVV Pro Vice Chancellor Chinmay Pandya said on Monday.
Mukherjee will be the chief guest on the occasion while the convocation will be presided over by university Chancellor Pranav Pandya, he said.
1370 degrees and 32 gold medals will be given away in different disciplines at the convocation besides conferment of 77 doctorate degrees, Pandya said.
Distinguished people from different walks of life will also be conferred with honorary doctorate degrees. They include noted literateur Narendra Kohli and Prof Marco Faireni for his remarkable work in the field of alternative medicine, Pandya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj