Probe mass transfer of officials in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: The Congress Friday urged the
Election Commission to go into the mass transfer of IAS and IPS officials in Uttarakhand just four months before Assembly polls, saying it was done with an eye on the elections.
In a letter to the EC, Deputy Leader of Opposition in the
Assembly T R Behad and spokesperson of Congress Legislature
Party (CLP) Kishor Upadhyay demanded cancellation of the
transfers which violated the norm of at least three year
tenure and where there was no specific ground for shifting an
They two leaders said all future postings and transfers of
administrative and police officials should be subject to
approval of the Election Commission so that fair and impartial
poll, due early next year, can be ensured in the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan