Probe mass transfer of officials in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: The Congress Friday urged the
Election Commission to go into the mass transfer of IAS and IPS officials in Uttarakhand just four months before Assembly polls, saying it was done with an eye on the elections.
In a letter to the EC, Deputy Leader of Opposition in the
Assembly T R Behad and spokesperson of Congress Legislature
Party (CLP) Kishor Upadhyay demanded cancellation of the
transfers which violated the norm of at least three year
tenure and where there was no specific ground for shifting an
They two leaders said all future postings and transfers of
administrative and police officials should be subject to
approval of the Election Commission so that fair and impartial
poll, due early next year, can be ensured in the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure