Probe mass transfer of officials in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: The Congress Friday urged the
Election Commission to go into the mass transfer of IAS and IPS officials in Uttarakhand just four months before Assembly polls, saying it was done with an eye on the elections.
In a letter to the EC, Deputy Leader of Opposition in the
Assembly T R Behad and spokesperson of Congress Legislature
Party (CLP) Kishor Upadhyay demanded cancellation of the
transfers which violated the norm of at least three year
tenure and where there was no specific ground for shifting an
They two leaders said all future postings and transfers of
administrative and police officials should be subject to
approval of the Election Commission so that fair and impartial
poll, due early next year, can be ensured in the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred