Probe ordered into alleged sale of Kushavart ghat
Dehra Dun: An inquiry has been ordered into the alleged sale of `Kushavart ghat`, a public place at famous Har-Ki-Pauri area of the holy city of Haridwar.
The matter related to the alleged sale of Kushavart ghat, which is a public property, came to notice when the buyers recently applied for mutation of the property in their names in the records of Haridwar Municipal Council. The Kushavart ghat was reportedly sold for crores of rupees in 2009.
Haridwar District Magistrate DS Pandiyan said public properties cannot be sold and so he has ordered Additional District Magistrate (administration) to carry out an inquiry to verify whether it was really sold and find out the names of the persons involved in the process, if it is true.
Refusing to give more details, Pandiyan said the picture would be cleared when the inquiry would be completed in the next couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!