Probe ordered into alleged sale of Kushavart ghat
Dehra Dun: An inquiry has been ordered into the alleged sale of `Kushavart ghat`, a public place at famous Har-Ki-Pauri area of the holy city of Haridwar.
The matter related to the alleged sale of Kushavart ghat, which is a public property, came to notice when the buyers recently applied for mutation of the property in their names in the records of Haridwar Municipal Council. The Kushavart ghat was reportedly sold for crores of rupees in 2009.
Haridwar District Magistrate DS Pandiyan said public properties cannot be sold and so he has ordered Additional District Magistrate (administration) to carry out an inquiry to verify whether it was really sold and find out the names of the persons involved in the process, if it is true.
Refusing to give more details, Pandiyan said the picture would be cleared when the inquiry would be completed in the next couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray