Probe ordered into alleged sale of Kushavart ghat
Dehra Dun: An inquiry has been ordered into the alleged sale of `Kushavart ghat`, a public place at famous Har-Ki-Pauri area of the holy city of Haridwar.
The matter related to the alleged sale of Kushavart ghat, which is a public property, came to notice when the buyers recently applied for mutation of the property in their names in the records of Haridwar Municipal Council. The Kushavart ghat was reportedly sold for crores of rupees in 2009.
Haridwar District Magistrate DS Pandiyan said public properties cannot be sold and so he has ordered Additional District Magistrate (administration) to carry out an inquiry to verify whether it was really sold and find out the names of the persons involved in the process, if it is true.
Refusing to give more details, Pandiyan said the picture would be cleared when the inquiry would be completed in the next couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh
- Rajan finished SMEs to help American MNCs: Swamy
- Bihar Matric Results 2016: BSEB Class 10th Result 2016, www.biharboard.net, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in, Bihar Board 10th Matric Result to be declared on May 29
- Oil slips as $50 level sparks new output fears
- GSK gets EU approval for first gene therapy for children