Probe ordered into special treatment to Amarmani
Dehradun: Uttarakhand police on Monday launched a
probe against three cops who allegedly took former UP Minister
Amarmani Tripathi, serving life term in Madhumita Shukla
murder case, in an AC coach for a court hearing and partied
with his supporters during the journey.
Tripathi, who is serving his sentence in Roshnabad jail of
Haridwar, was reportedly taken in an AC Coach to Gorakhpur for
a court hearing last week in violation of jail rules, SSP
Haridwar Pushakar Singh Sailal said.
Convicts are only allowed to travel in the sleeper class,
"We have sought a detailed report regarding the role of
some policemen in giving special treatment to Tripathi," said
Salal, adding he is likely to receive the report three days.
The probe would also look into the reports that the three
police guards, who were accompanying Tripathi, partied with
the former minister`s supporters in the train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love