Probe ordered into special treatment to Amarmani
Dehradun: Uttarakhand police on Monday launched a
probe against three cops who allegedly took former UP Minister
Amarmani Tripathi, serving life term in Madhumita Shukla
murder case, in an AC coach for a court hearing and partied
with his supporters during the journey.
Tripathi, who is serving his sentence in Roshnabad jail of
Haridwar, was reportedly taken in an AC Coach to Gorakhpur for
a court hearing last week in violation of jail rules, SSP
Haridwar Pushakar Singh Sailal said.
Convicts are only allowed to travel in the sleeper class,
"We have sought a detailed report regarding the role of
some policemen in giving special treatment to Tripathi," said
Salal, adding he is likely to receive the report three days.
The probe would also look into the reports that the three
police guards, who were accompanying Tripathi, partied with
the former minister`s supporters in the train.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha