Project allotment: Nishank hits back at Cong
Dehra Dun: Amid raging controversy over
allotment of hydropower projects to private players, Chief
Minister R P Nishank today hit back at the opposition saying
the previous Congress government had awarded projects without any premium causing Rs 405 crore loss to the exchequer.
The Congress government alloted power projects without
inviting competitive bids and power policy and interests of
the state were ignored, Nishank said in a statement here.
During undivided Uttar Pradesh, 34 projects including 400
MW Vishnuprayag and 330 MW Srinagar project were allotted for which the previous Congress government signed the revised
implementation agreement without making any provision for
electricity to the state in addition to the 12 per cent free
power to the home state, he said.
The Congress government also allotted projects with a
capacity of 8101 MW in 2003-04 to central public sector
undertakings without charging any premium from them, the CM
said, adding they were asked to provide only 12 per cent free
power to the home state and they were given authority to sell
the rest of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann writes to LS Speaker, seeks probe against PM Modi for jeopardising national security
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand