Project allotment: Nishank hits back at Cong
Dehra Dun: Amid raging controversy over
allotment of hydropower projects to private players, Chief
Minister R P Nishank today hit back at the opposition saying
the previous Congress government had awarded projects without any premium causing Rs 405 crore loss to the exchequer.
The Congress government alloted power projects without
inviting competitive bids and power policy and interests of
the state were ignored, Nishank said in a statement here.
During undivided Uttar Pradesh, 34 projects including 400
MW Vishnuprayag and 330 MW Srinagar project were allotted for which the previous Congress government signed the revised
implementation agreement without making any provision for
electricity to the state in addition to the 12 per cent free
power to the home state, he said.
The Congress government also allotted projects with a
capacity of 8101 MW in 2003-04 to central public sector
undertakings without charging any premium from them, the CM
said, adding they were asked to provide only 12 per cent free
power to the home state and they were given authority to sell
the rest of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media