Quake jolts Garhwal region, no casualties
Dehradun: An earthquake of moderate intensity on Monday shook Garhwal region and its adjoining areas in the hill state of Uttarakhand but there were no reports of any loss of life or damage to property.
The quake, measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale, occurred at around 1619 hours, state MeT Director Anand Sharma said.
Panic-stricken residents rushed out of their houses as the temblor jolted the Garhwal region, including Mussoorie and Dehradun, he said.
There were no immediate reports of any loss of life or damage, Sharma said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living