Quake jolts Garhwal region, no casualties
Dehradun: An earthquake of moderate intensity on Monday shook Garhwal region and its adjoining areas in the hill state of Uttarakhand but there were no reports of any loss of life or damage to property.
The quake, measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale, occurred at around 1619 hours, state MeT Director Anand Sharma said.
Panic-stricken residents rushed out of their houses as the temblor jolted the Garhwal region, including Mussoorie and Dehradun, he said.
There were no immediate reports of any loss of life or damage, Sharma said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram