Quake jolts Garhwal region, no casualties
Dehradun: An earthquake of moderate intensity on Monday shook Garhwal region and its adjoining areas in the hill state of Uttarakhand but there were no reports of any loss of life or damage to property.
The quake, measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale, occurred at around 1619 hours, state MeT Director Anand Sharma said.
Panic-stricken residents rushed out of their houses as the temblor jolted the Garhwal region, including Mussoorie and Dehradun, he said.
There were no immediate reports of any loss of life or damage, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'