Quake jolts Garhwal region, no casualties
Dehradun: An earthquake of moderate intensity on Monday shook Garhwal region and its adjoining areas in the hill state of Uttarakhand but there were no reports of any loss of life or damage to property.
The quake, measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale, occurred at around 1619 hours, state MeT Director Anand Sharma said.
Panic-stricken residents rushed out of their houses as the temblor jolted the Garhwal region, including Mussoorie and Dehradun, he said.
There were no immediate reports of any loss of life or damage, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city