Qureshi to take oath as U’khand Governor on May 15
Dehra Dun: A Qureshi will be sworn in as Uttarakhand Governor at a ceremony here on May 15.
Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain convened a meeting of senior administrative and police officials here today to discuss preparations for the oath-taking ceremony, an official release said.
Qureshi, who is expected to arrive here on May 14, will replace Margaret Alva, who has been appointed as the new Governor of Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony