Qureshi to take oath as U’khand Governor on May 15
Dehra Dun: A Qureshi will be sworn in as Uttarakhand Governor at a ceremony here on May 15.
Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain convened a meeting of senior administrative and police officials here today to discuss preparations for the oath-taking ceremony, an official release said.
Qureshi, who is expected to arrive here on May 14, will replace Margaret Alva, who has been appointed as the new Governor of Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand