Rains, landslides obstruct traffic on highways in U`khand
Dehradun: Light to medium rain in various parts of Uttarakhand and resulting landslides have obstructed vehicular traffic on several roads including national highways on the Char Dham routes in the hill state.
According to Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority, there are reports of light to medium rain in parts of the state including capital Dehradun.
In last 24 hours, Dehradun received 46 mm of rain, Bageshwar 40.5 mm, Nainital 30 mm, Champawat 28 mm, Rishikesh 24 mm, Kichcha 22 mm and Haldwani registered 21 mm.
The roadways affected due to landslides include Rishikesh-Badrinath National Highway, which is obstructed in Chamoli district. Rishikesh-Gangotri National Highway is obstructed due to landslides at Netala, Malla, Laldang and Sukhitap, while Rishikesh-Yamunotri National Highway is obstructed at Silaiband due to debris, the Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority said.
A team of Border Road Organisation (BRO) is clearing away the debris to restore traffic on the roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter