Rains lash most parts of Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Moderate to heavy rains today
lashed most parts of Uttarakhand throwing normal life out of
gear as several low-lying areas were inundated due to an
increase in the water-level of most of the rivers.
Many parts of Uttarakhand received moderate to heavy
rains with Chamoli and hill resort of Mussoorie recording very
heavy rains, Met office said here.
Mussoorie recorded the heaviest rainfall with 150 mm
followed by Chamoli with 148 mm, Dehra Dun 119.3 mm, Old
Tehri 85 mm, Munsyari 69 mm and Banbasa 64 mm during the past
24 hours, said Met office.
The weather office has predicted rains and thundershowers
at isolated places with moderate to rather heavy rains likely
in Nainital and Uttarkashi district for another day.
The rains caused inconvenience to the people especially
children, who could not reach their offices and schools
destinations in time because of water-logging on the roads.
The rains also forced closure of some of the schools.
The water level of most of the rivers like Ganga,
Yamuna, Kosi, Bindal, Rispana and Song increased due to rains
inundating several low-lying areas, the official said, adding
that the administration is closely monitoring the situation.
The state government has already released funds to all
the 13 district magistrates for dealing with natural disasters
like landslides, cloudbursts, avalanches and floods. The
natural disasters had badly hit the hill state last monsoon
leaving over 200 dead and rendering thousands others homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today