Rains, snowfall for second consecutive day in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Widespread showers in the plains and heavy snowfall in the higher reaches for second consecutive day pushed down the mercury in Uttarakhand today.
Tehri received the maximum of 61.8 mm rains followed by Dehradun and Mussoorie which received 43.2 mm and 30 mm rains respectively, the MeT office here said, adding the mercury dropped to 0.5 degree Celsius in Tehri.
Mukteshwar shivered at 1.2 degree Celsius. MeT office director Anand Sharma attributed the return of cold conditions in the state to western disturbance with trough in westerlies and induced cyclonic circulation near the desert state of Rajasthan.
Predicting similar weather conditions for the next few days, he said the temperature could see a further drop of 4-5 degrees and fog could envelop the plains.
The hills above 3000 metres in Tehri and Pithoragarh district received snowfall, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!