Rains, snowfall for second consecutive day in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Widespread showers in the plains and heavy snowfall in the higher reaches for second consecutive day pushed down the mercury in Uttarakhand today.
Tehri received the maximum of 61.8 mm rains followed by Dehradun and Mussoorie which received 43.2 mm and 30 mm rains respectively, the MeT office here said, adding the mercury dropped to 0.5 degree Celsius in Tehri.
Mukteshwar shivered at 1.2 degree Celsius. MeT office director Anand Sharma attributed the return of cold conditions in the state to western disturbance with trough in westerlies and induced cyclonic circulation near the desert state of Rajasthan.
Predicting similar weather conditions for the next few days, he said the temperature could see a further drop of 4-5 degrees and fog could envelop the plains.
The hills above 3000 metres in Tehri and Pithoragarh district received snowfall, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?