Rains, snowfall for second consecutive day in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Widespread showers in the plains and heavy snowfall in the higher reaches for second consecutive day pushed down the mercury in Uttarakhand today.
Tehri received the maximum of 61.8 mm rains followed by Dehradun and Mussoorie which received 43.2 mm and 30 mm rains respectively, the MeT office here said, adding the mercury dropped to 0.5 degree Celsius in Tehri.
Mukteshwar shivered at 1.2 degree Celsius. MeT office director Anand Sharma attributed the return of cold conditions in the state to western disturbance with trough in westerlies and induced cyclonic circulation near the desert state of Rajasthan.
Predicting similar weather conditions for the next few days, he said the temperature could see a further drop of 4-5 degrees and fog could envelop the plains.
The hills above 3000 metres in Tehri and Pithoragarh district received snowfall, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!