Ramdev being targeted at the behest of Centre: BJP
Dehradun: With 81 cases of alleged gross violation of land laws registered against Ramdev`s Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust, main opposition BJP in Uttarakhand has termed it as a "conspiratorial move" by the state government at the behest of the Centre.
"This is part of a conspiracy hatched by the Centre to persecute Ramdev who has vociferously raised issues of corruption and Indian black money stashed away in foreign banks," Leader of Opposition in Uttarakhand Assembly Ajay Bhatt said in a statement here yesterday.
Accusing both the state and central governments of indulging in politics of vendetta, he said the BJP will not tolerate insult of saints and nationalists without valid reasons.
He said the urgency with which chief minister Vijay Bahuguna went to town about registration of 81 cases of alleged gross violation of land laws by Ramdev`s Trust itself indicates the political motives behind the move.
"Issuance of notices is a legal process. The respondent in such cases is given some time to respond to them. Only then the courts of law give a verdict based on the merits of the case. But in this case the chief minister did not even wait for the notices to reach Ramdev and went to the press making the disclosures. This shows he is acting at the behest of the Centre to persecute the yoga guru," Bhatt alleged.
He said the "belligerence" of a party like the Congress over the issue is hard to swallow as members of the first family of the party are themselves involved in a number of alleged "shady" land deal cases.
At a time when an illegal land deal with DLF in Haryana hangs like an albatross round the Congress`s neck, it is hard to swallow the party`s belligerence towards a man like Ramdev who runs an institution for universal welfare, he said.
A total of 81 cases were lodged by Haridwar district administration against Ramdev for alleged gross violation of land laws and evasion of stamp duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion