Ramdev being targeted at the behest of Centre: BJP
Dehradun: With 81 cases of alleged gross violation of land laws registered against Ramdev`s Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust, main opposition BJP in Uttarakhand has termed it as a "conspiratorial move" by the state government at the behest of the Centre.
"This is part of a conspiracy hatched by the Centre to persecute Ramdev who has vociferously raised issues of corruption and Indian black money stashed away in foreign banks," Leader of Opposition in Uttarakhand Assembly Ajay Bhatt said in a statement here yesterday.
Accusing both the state and central governments of indulging in politics of vendetta, he said the BJP will not tolerate insult of saints and nationalists without valid reasons.
He said the urgency with which chief minister Vijay Bahuguna went to town about registration of 81 cases of alleged gross violation of land laws by Ramdev`s Trust itself indicates the political motives behind the move.
"Issuance of notices is a legal process. The respondent in such cases is given some time to respond to them. Only then the courts of law give a verdict based on the merits of the case. But in this case the chief minister did not even wait for the notices to reach Ramdev and went to the press making the disclosures. This shows he is acting at the behest of the Centre to persecute the yoga guru," Bhatt alleged.
He said the "belligerence" of a party like the Congress over the issue is hard to swallow as members of the first family of the party are themselves involved in a number of alleged "shady" land deal cases.
At a time when an illegal land deal with DLF in Haryana hangs like an albatross round the Congress`s neck, it is hard to swallow the party`s belligerence towards a man like Ramdev who runs an institution for universal welfare, he said.
A total of 81 cases were lodged by Haridwar district administration against Ramdev for alleged gross violation of land laws and evasion of stamp duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price