Ramdev’s aide granted bail in fake passport case
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand High Court on Thursday granted bail to Baba Ramdev’s key aide Acharya Balkrishna in a case of forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act.
Balkrishna, who is lodged in Suddhowala jail, was granted by the court of Justice Tarun Agrawal on two surety bonds of Rs 5 like each.
Baba Ramdev had termed Balkrishna’s arrest as a conspiracy to weaken his mobement against corruption and black money. The yoga guru claimed that pressure was mounted on Nepal to produce documents to show that Balkrishna was a Nepalese citizen.
However, the central government’s move backfired when a district magistrate in Nepal gave in writing that Balkrishna was not a citizen of Nepal,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev also claimed the degree produced by Balkrishna from Sampurnanand Sanskrit University of Varanisi to obtain Indian passport was genuine.
First put Acharya (Balkrishna) in jail. Then kill him and put the blame on the baba (me). This is their conspiracy," Ramdev told reporters yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!