Ramdev’s aide granted bail in fake passport case
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand High Court on Thursday granted bail to Baba Ramdev’s key aide Acharya Balkrishna in a case of forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act.
Balkrishna, who is lodged in Suddhowala jail, was granted by the court of Justice Tarun Agrawal on two surety bonds of Rs 5 like each.
Baba Ramdev had termed Balkrishna’s arrest as a conspiracy to weaken his mobement against corruption and black money. The yoga guru claimed that pressure was mounted on Nepal to produce documents to show that Balkrishna was a Nepalese citizen.
However, the central government’s move backfired when a district magistrate in Nepal gave in writing that Balkrishna was not a citizen of Nepal,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev also claimed the degree produced by Balkrishna from Sampurnanand Sanskrit University of Varanisi to obtain Indian passport was genuine.
First put Acharya (Balkrishna) in jail. Then kill him and put the blame on the baba (me). This is their conspiracy," Ramdev told reporters yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO