Ramdev’s aide granted bail in fake passport case
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand High Court on Thursday granted bail to Baba Ramdev’s key aide Acharya Balkrishna in a case of forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act.
Balkrishna, who is lodged in Suddhowala jail, was granted by the court of Justice Tarun Agrawal on two surety bonds of Rs 5 like each.
Baba Ramdev had termed Balkrishna’s arrest as a conspiracy to weaken his mobement against corruption and black money. The yoga guru claimed that pressure was mounted on Nepal to produce documents to show that Balkrishna was a Nepalese citizen.
However, the central government’s move backfired when a district magistrate in Nepal gave in writing that Balkrishna was not a citizen of Nepal,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev also claimed the degree produced by Balkrishna from Sampurnanand Sanskrit University of Varanisi to obtain Indian passport was genuine.
First put Acharya (Balkrishna) in jail. Then kill him and put the blame on the baba (me). This is their conspiracy," Ramdev told reporters yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH