Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna moves bail plea
Dehra Dun: Yoga guru Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna, arrested for his alleged roles in case of forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act, Thursday moved a local court for bail.
Admitting the bail plea District and Sessions Judge Raj Krishan put the hearing for July 31, defence counsel Pravin Seth said.
A CBI court on July 21 had rejected Balkrishna`s bail and remanded him in nine-day judicial custody.
He was arrested on July 20 from Haridwar after a local court issued non-bailable warrants against him as he failed to appear before it.
The CBI had registered a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy against Balkrishna on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake documents to get a passport.
The agency said its investigation had established that the accused, in connivance with a co-accused, had furnished false information and submitted fake and forged High School and graduation certificates to the passport authorities for obtaining the document.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog