Ranbir encounter: 3 Uttarakhand police officials sent to JC
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday sent three
Uttarakhand policemen, allegedly involved in the July 2009
killing of a 22-year-old MBA student in a fake encounter near
Dehradun, to two weeks judicial custody.
Special Judge VK Maheshwari sent accused Rajesh Bisht,
Nitin Chauhan and Ajit Singh, against whom it had earlier
issued non-bailable warrants (NBWs), to judicial custody after
they appeared before it.
The court has listed the matter for further hearing on
The court had earlier sent four accused police officials
-- Inspector Santosh Kumar Jaiswal and sub-inspectors Gopal
Dutt Bhatt, Niraj Yadav and Chandra Mohan Singh Rawat to Tihar
Jail after they appeared before it following the issuance of
NBWs against them.
The 11 other accused in the case were also present in the
MBA student Ranbir was allegedly gunned down by the
Uttarakhand Police on July 3, 2009.
Ranbir, a native of Merrut, had gone to Dehradun in
search of a job when the police personnel of Dalanwala police
station had allegedly pumped 29 bullets into him from close
range on July 2, 2009, after branding him as a robber.
The case was transferred from Dehradun to Delhi by the
Supreme Court last month following a request by Ranbir`s
The apex court had earlier quashed the Uttarakhand High
Court order and cancelled the bail of all the seven policemen.
The 11 other accused in the case are Satbir Singh, Sunil
Saini, Chander Pal, Saurabh Nautiyal, Nagender Rathi, Vikas
Chandra Baluni, Sanjay Rawat, Mohan Singh Rana, Inder Bhan
Singh, Jaspal Singh Gosain and Manoj Kumar.
As the accused were local police personnel, the case
was entrusted to CBI. The chargesheet in the case was filed
in the court of Special Judicial Magistrate (CBI), Dehradun,
on December 22, 2009 against the 18 accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'