Rape convict gets 10 year jail term within 9 days of crime
Dehradun: Just nine days after the rape of a minor, a court in Uttarakhand sentenced the culprit to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment.
District and Sessions judge Udhamsingh Nagar Jaidev Singh held Ashfaq alias Ishtiyaq guilty of raping a five-year-old girl and sentenced him to 10-year rigorous imprisonment, besides slapping him with a fine of Rs 10,000, police said on Thursday.
Charges were framed against the convict in the case on February 11 and recording of witnesses began on February 13.
The case pertains to Kashipur in Udhamsingh Nagar district in which the convict took the minor to a field under some pretext and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"