Rape convict gets 10 year jail term within 9 days of crime
Dehradun: Just nine days after the rape of a minor, a court in Uttarakhand sentenced the culprit to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment.
District and Sessions judge Udhamsingh Nagar Jaidev Singh held Ashfaq alias Ishtiyaq guilty of raping a five-year-old girl and sentenced him to 10-year rigorous imprisonment, besides slapping him with a fine of Rs 10,000, police said on Thursday.
Charges were framed against the convict in the case on February 11 and recording of witnesses began on February 13.
The case pertains to Kashipur in Udhamsingh Nagar district in which the convict took the minor to a field under some pretext and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!