Rape convict gets 10 year jail term within 9 days of crime
Dehradun: Just nine days after the rape of a minor, a court in Uttarakhand sentenced the culprit to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment.
District and Sessions judge Udhamsingh Nagar Jaidev Singh held Ashfaq alias Ishtiyaq guilty of raping a five-year-old girl and sentenced him to 10-year rigorous imprisonment, besides slapping him with a fine of Rs 10,000, police said on Thursday.
Charges were framed against the convict in the case on February 11 and recording of witnesses began on February 13.
The case pertains to Kashipur in Udhamsingh Nagar district in which the convict took the minor to a field under some pretext and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam