Rape convict gets 10 year jail term within 9 days of crime
Dehradun: Just nine days after the rape of a minor, a court in Uttarakhand sentenced the culprit to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment.
District and Sessions judge Udhamsingh Nagar Jaidev Singh held Ashfaq alias Ishtiyaq guilty of raping a five-year-old girl and sentenced him to 10-year rigorous imprisonment, besides slapping him with a fine of Rs 10,000, police said on Thursday.
Charges were framed against the convict in the case on February 11 and recording of witnesses began on February 13.
The case pertains to Kashipur in Udhamsingh Nagar district in which the convict took the minor to a field under some pretext and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement