Rape convict gets 10 year jail term within 9 days of crime
Dehradun: Just nine days after the rape of a minor, a court in Uttarakhand sentenced the culprit to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment.
District and Sessions judge Udhamsingh Nagar Jaidev Singh held Ashfaq alias Ishtiyaq guilty of raping a five-year-old girl and sentenced him to 10-year rigorous imprisonment, besides slapping him with a fine of Rs 10,000, police said on Thursday.
Charges were framed against the convict in the case on February 11 and recording of witnesses began on February 13.
The case pertains to Kashipur in Udhamsingh Nagar district in which the convict took the minor to a field under some pretext and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video