Rawat govt in U`khand a one-man show: BJP
Dehradun: Terming Harish Rawat government in Uttarakhand as a one-man show, opposition BJP Wednesday demanded immediate allocation of portfolios among ministers in the state, saying non-allocation of departments has a paralysing effect on development.
"It is nearly a month since Harish Rawat was sworn in as the new CM. Still the ministers are without portfolios. If someone approaches them with a complaint their standard excuse is they cannot do anything as they don`t have a portfolio," Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Ajay Bhatt said.
Noting that non allocation of portfolios has a paralysing effect on development work in the state, he said the "one-man show" of Harish Rawat with all the portfolios under his charge did not bode well for a flood-hit state like Uttarakhand where so much needs to be done to put life back on track.
"So much needs to be done for the calamity-hit people of the state. No chief minister can accomplish this huge task single handedly. It is strange that something which usually happens within 3-4 days of a government being sworn in has not happened even about a month after the new CM`s oath taking, Bhatt said.
He said the delay may have been caused by the "CM`s dilemma with ministers vying with each other for the plum posts."
"The new CM seems to be in a fix, unable to decide which department should be given to whom," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof