Rawat govt in U`khand a one-man show: BJP
Dehradun: Terming Harish Rawat government in Uttarakhand as a one-man show, opposition BJP Wednesday demanded immediate allocation of portfolios among ministers in the state, saying non-allocation of departments has a paralysing effect on development.
"It is nearly a month since Harish Rawat was sworn in as the new CM. Still the ministers are without portfolios. If someone approaches them with a complaint their standard excuse is they cannot do anything as they don`t have a portfolio," Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Ajay Bhatt said.
Noting that non allocation of portfolios has a paralysing effect on development work in the state, he said the "one-man show" of Harish Rawat with all the portfolios under his charge did not bode well for a flood-hit state like Uttarakhand where so much needs to be done to put life back on track.
"So much needs to be done for the calamity-hit people of the state. No chief minister can accomplish this huge task single handedly. It is strange that something which usually happens within 3-4 days of a government being sworn in has not happened even about a month after the new CM`s oath taking, Bhatt said.
He said the delay may have been caused by the "CM`s dilemma with ministers vying with each other for the plum posts."
"The new CM seems to be in a fix, unable to decide which department should be given to whom," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress