Rawat to give Rs 5 lakh to promising engineering student
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat announced Rs 5 lakh financial assistance to a promising engineering student from the state who claimed to have developed a protoptype of a bomb detector chip for mobile phones.
The reward was announced by the Chief Minister when the third year B Tech Computer Science student Abhilash Semwal, who claims to have developed an explosive detector chip for mobile phones, met him at his residence here last night, an official release said here today.
Rawat congratulated Abhishek for doing Uttarakhand proud and announced the reward to encourage his endeavours to strengthen the mobile bomb detector chip activation system, it said.
The Chief Minister said his effort was to provide encouragement, proper atmosphere and resources to talented youth from the state.
Semwal said his name figures at the fifth place in a list of top ten persons in the world who have have carried out extensive research to invent the mobile bomb detector chip system.
A student of Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun, Semwal has developed a prototype `Mobile Bomb Locator` sensor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened