Ready to resume prayers at Kedarnath from Sept 11: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Preparations are in place for resumption of prayers from September 11 at Kedarnath shrine in the flood-ravaged state of Uttarakhand, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna said on Sunday.
Prayers at Kedarnath, suspended since the mid-June natural calamity in the state, will begin again at 7 A.M. On the said day and continue till 11am, Bahuguna told reporters here after a meeting with Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee officials here to review the arrangements.
Giving details of the meeting, Bahuguna said that the committee, the Kedarnath dharmadhikari and representatives of Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati had given their consent for the prayers to recommence at the shrine on September 11, as announced earlier by the state government.
Bahuguna, however, added that devotees will not be allowed to visit the shrine by foot till September 30 for safety reasons.
The pedestrian route to the high altitude shrine sustained large-scale damage in the flash flood calamity.
The temple committee has provided the state government with a list of 24 persons who will perform the prayers at the shrine on September 11, Bahuguna said.
The above team would be replaced every 10 days by a new one which would continue performing the prayers there, he said.
The state government will hold another meeting with the temple committee and others concerned to review the conditions at the shrine on September 30, he said.
Prayers were suspended at the shrine after the June 16-17 deluge which caused large-scale damage to Kedarnath valley.
Although the shrine itself remained unharmed in the calamity, the adjoining area and structures bore the brunt of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say