Ready to resume prayers at Kedarnath from Sept 11: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Preparations are in place for resumption of prayers from September 11 at Kedarnath shrine in the flood-ravaged state of Uttarakhand, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna said on Sunday.
Prayers at Kedarnath, suspended since the mid-June natural calamity in the state, will begin again at 7 A.M. On the said day and continue till 11am, Bahuguna told reporters here after a meeting with Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee officials here to review the arrangements.
Giving details of the meeting, Bahuguna said that the committee, the Kedarnath dharmadhikari and representatives of Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati had given their consent for the prayers to recommence at the shrine on September 11, as announced earlier by the state government.
Bahuguna, however, added that devotees will not be allowed to visit the shrine by foot till September 30 for safety reasons.
The pedestrian route to the high altitude shrine sustained large-scale damage in the flash flood calamity.
The temple committee has provided the state government with a list of 24 persons who will perform the prayers at the shrine on September 11, Bahuguna said.
The above team would be replaced every 10 days by a new one which would continue performing the prayers there, he said.
The state government will hold another meeting with the temple committee and others concerned to review the conditions at the shrine on September 30, he said.
Prayers were suspended at the shrine after the June 16-17 deluge which caused large-scale damage to Kedarnath valley.
Although the shrine itself remained unharmed in the calamity, the adjoining area and structures bore the brunt of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC