Reforms needed for better policing: U’khand DGP
Dehra Dun: Reforms need to be ushered in for
ensuring better policing and an emphasis needs to be laid on
a dialogue between police and common people, the Uttarakhand
DGP has said.
"The role of police is of a peace-keeper and not crime
fighter. We need to bring some new reforms for better policing
with an impetus on dialogue process between the police and
people," state DGP JS Pandey said.
At the, "Towards better policing and accountability in
Uttarakhand" workshop, Pandey yesterday spoke of an action
plan for better coordination between the civil society and the
Avdhash Kaushal, chairperson of Rural Litigation and
Entitlement Kendra (RLEK), one of the organisers, said there
was also a need for community policing.
JCS Rawat, who is heading the police complaints
authority in the state, said that a public hearing system
should be put in place so that "common people approach us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...