Reforms needed for better policing: U’khand DGP
Dehra Dun: Reforms need to be ushered in for
ensuring better policing and an emphasis needs to be laid on
a dialogue between police and common people, the Uttarakhand
DGP has said.
"The role of police is of a peace-keeper and not crime
fighter. We need to bring some new reforms for better policing
with an impetus on dialogue process between the police and
people," state DGP JS Pandey said.
At the, "Towards better policing and accountability in
Uttarakhand" workshop, Pandey yesterday spoke of an action
plan for better coordination between the civil society and the
Avdhash Kaushal, chairperson of Rural Litigation and
Entitlement Kendra (RLEK), one of the organisers, said there
was also a need for community policing.
JCS Rawat, who is heading the police complaints
authority in the state, said that a public hearing system
should be put in place so that "common people approach us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February