Repoll ordered at booth in U`khand CM`s constituency
Dehradun: A day after bypolls were held for three Assembly seats in Uttarakhand, repoll was ordered Tuesday at a booth of Dharchula constituency from where Chief Minister Harish Rawat is contesting.
Repoll was ordered at Bauna booth of Dharchula following complaints that the presiding officer along with his team left the booth while the EVMs were still on, Uttarakhand`s Chief Election Officer Radha Raturi said.
As per Election Commission guidelines, the presiding officer cannot leave a booth without switching off the EVMs, she said, adding that the repoll will be held tomorrow.
The booth is located in the interior of Pithoragarh district.
Leader of Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Bhatt said order of a repoll at the booth substantiates his charge of massive rigging by the ruling party in Dharchula seat to ensure the Chief Minister`s victory.
However, the ruling Congress rubbished the charges of rigging levelled by the BJP saying the opposition is frustrated in the face of imminent defeat.
"The BJP is levelling unfounded allegations against the Congress out of sheer frustration as it can foresee its defeat," CM`s media in-charge Surendra Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt