Repoll ordered at booth in U`khand CM`s constituency
Dehradun: A day after bypolls were held for three Assembly seats in Uttarakhand, repoll was ordered Tuesday at a booth of Dharchula constituency from where Chief Minister Harish Rawat is contesting.
Repoll was ordered at Bauna booth of Dharchula following complaints that the presiding officer along with his team left the booth while the EVMs were still on, Uttarakhand`s Chief Election Officer Radha Raturi said.
As per Election Commission guidelines, the presiding officer cannot leave a booth without switching off the EVMs, she said, adding that the repoll will be held tomorrow.
The booth is located in the interior of Pithoragarh district.
Leader of Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Bhatt said order of a repoll at the booth substantiates his charge of massive rigging by the ruling party in Dharchula seat to ensure the Chief Minister`s victory.
However, the ruling Congress rubbished the charges of rigging levelled by the BJP saying the opposition is frustrated in the face of imminent defeat.
"The BJP is levelling unfounded allegations against the Congress out of sheer frustration as it can foresee its defeat," CM`s media in-charge Surendra Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister