Rescuees to get token for evacuation in Uttarakhand
Gauchar/Dehradun: In order to bring some order to the chaos during airlifting of stranded people in rain-affected Uttarakhand, authorities have hit upon a novel idea of issuing tokens.
According to a senior official, the agencies involved in the rescue and relief tasks have now appointed a Liaison Officer (LO) at each location, from where the people are to be airlifted. These LOs will issue tokens to all of those wanting to be rescued.
At different places this role is being played by either the ITBP, NDRF or state police personnel in coordination with the pilots of IAF and Army.
"The token system has brought a synchronised way in the evacuation of stranded pilgrims and tourists. Earlier people used to rush to the helicopter wanting to be rescued first," a senior IAF officer said.
The tokens are being given either to a group of people or individuals. But the thumb rule is to take the old, weak, women and children first, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'