Rescuees to get token for evacuation in Uttarakhand
Gauchar/Dehradun: In order to bring some order to the chaos during airlifting of stranded people in rain-affected Uttarakhand, authorities have hit upon a novel idea of issuing tokens.
According to a senior official, the agencies involved in the rescue and relief tasks have now appointed a Liaison Officer (LO) at each location, from where the people are to be airlifted. These LOs will issue tokens to all of those wanting to be rescued.
At different places this role is being played by either the ITBP, NDRF or state police personnel in coordination with the pilots of IAF and Army.
"The token system has brought a synchronised way in the evacuation of stranded pilgrims and tourists. Earlier people used to rush to the helicopter wanting to be rescued first," a senior IAF officer said.
The tokens are being given either to a group of people or individuals. But the thumb rule is to take the old, weak, women and children first, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened