Rescuees to get token for evacuation in Uttarakhand
Gauchar/Dehradun: In order to bring some order to the chaos during airlifting of stranded people in rain-affected Uttarakhand, authorities have hit upon a novel idea of issuing tokens.
According to a senior official, the agencies involved in the rescue and relief tasks have now appointed a Liaison Officer (LO) at each location, from where the people are to be airlifted. These LOs will issue tokens to all of those wanting to be rescued.
At different places this role is being played by either the ITBP, NDRF or state police personnel in coordination with the pilots of IAF and Army.
"The token system has brought a synchronised way in the evacuation of stranded pilgrims and tourists. Earlier people used to rush to the helicopter wanting to be rescued first," a senior IAF officer said.
The tokens are being given either to a group of people or individuals. But the thumb rule is to take the old, weak, women and children first, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...