Rescuees to get token for evacuation in Uttarakhand
Gauchar/Dehradun: In order to bring some order to the chaos during airlifting of stranded people in rain-affected Uttarakhand, authorities have hit upon a novel idea of issuing tokens.
According to a senior official, the agencies involved in the rescue and relief tasks have now appointed a Liaison Officer (LO) at each location, from where the people are to be airlifted. These LOs will issue tokens to all of those wanting to be rescued.
At different places this role is being played by either the ITBP, NDRF or state police personnel in coordination with the pilots of IAF and Army.
"The token system has brought a synchronised way in the evacuation of stranded pilgrims and tourists. Earlier people used to rush to the helicopter wanting to be rescued first," a senior IAF officer said.
The tokens are being given either to a group of people or individuals. But the thumb rule is to take the old, weak, women and children first, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Story of courage! Chennai man risks life to save a woman from being raped
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week