Retired armyman held with explosives
Dehra Dun: A retired armyman was arrested
along with explosive materials prompting the administration to
beef up security of Indian Military Academy (IMA) ahead of
Passing Out Parade (POP) on Dec 12.
Following a tip-off, police nabbed Puran Singh Mahra at
CJM square here yesterday and searched his bag. Three gelatin
rods, three detonators and four fuse wires were recovered from
it, Jagat Ram Joshi, Superintendent of Police (City), said.
Mahra, who has been booked under Explosives Material
Act, is resident of Chaukhutia area in Almora district and
retired as Nayak from Garhwal regiment.
After the recovery of explosives in the capital just
before the POP, police has beefed up security around the IMA
building and the vehicles passing through the area are being
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September