Retired armyman held with explosives
Dehra Dun: A retired armyman was arrested
along with explosive materials prompting the administration to
beef up security of Indian Military Academy (IMA) ahead of
Passing Out Parade (POP) on Dec 12.
Following a tip-off, police nabbed Puran Singh Mahra at
CJM square here yesterday and searched his bag. Three gelatin
rods, three detonators and four fuse wires were recovered from
it, Jagat Ram Joshi, Superintendent of Police (City), said.
Mahra, who has been booked under Explosives Material
Act, is resident of Chaukhutia area in Almora district and
retired as Nayak from Garhwal regiment.
After the recovery of explosives in the capital just
before the POP, police has beefed up security around the IMA
building and the vehicles passing through the area are being
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...