Riot accused BJP MLA declared absconder
Rudrapur (Uttarakhand): BJP MLA Rajkumar Thukral, on the run since an FIR was lodged against him in connection with 2011 Rudrapur communal riots, has been declared an absconder by a local court.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ashutosh Mishra declared Thukral an absconder on Tuesday on a CB-CID petition seeking an order to this effect.
A notice has been pasted at the local MLA`s residence asking him to surrender himself before the court within a month failing which property attachment proceedings will be initiated against him, Udhamsingh Nagar SSP Ridhim Agrawal said.
Thukral has been charged with instigating communal clashes in Rudrapur on October 2 in which four persons were killed and over 12 injured.
He has been on the run since a non-bailable warrant was issued against him in connection with the case on October 15 this year.
The opposition BJP has alleged Thukral is being framed at the instance of a Congress leader who had lost to him in the Assembly Elections last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened