Riot accused BJP MLA declared absconder
Rudrapur (Uttarakhand): BJP MLA Rajkumar Thukral, on the run since an FIR was lodged against him in connection with 2011 Rudrapur communal riots, has been declared an absconder by a local court.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ashutosh Mishra declared Thukral an absconder on Tuesday on a CB-CID petition seeking an order to this effect.
A notice has been pasted at the local MLA`s residence asking him to surrender himself before the court within a month failing which property attachment proceedings will be initiated against him, Udhamsingh Nagar SSP Ridhim Agrawal said.
Thukral has been charged with instigating communal clashes in Rudrapur on October 2 in which four persons were killed and over 12 injured.
He has been on the run since a non-bailable warrant was issued against him in connection with the case on October 15 this year.
The opposition BJP has alleged Thukral is being framed at the instance of a Congress leader who had lost to him in the Assembly Elections last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui