Riot accused BJP MLA declared absconder
Rudrapur (Uttarakhand): BJP MLA Rajkumar Thukral, on the run since an FIR was lodged against him in connection with 2011 Rudrapur communal riots, has been declared an absconder by a local court.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ashutosh Mishra declared Thukral an absconder on Tuesday on a CB-CID petition seeking an order to this effect.
A notice has been pasted at the local MLA`s residence asking him to surrender himself before the court within a month failing which property attachment proceedings will be initiated against him, Udhamsingh Nagar SSP Ridhim Agrawal said.
Thukral has been charged with instigating communal clashes in Rudrapur on October 2 in which four persons were killed and over 12 injured.
He has been on the run since a non-bailable warrant was issued against him in connection with the case on October 15 this year.
The opposition BJP has alleged Thukral is being framed at the instance of a Congress leader who had lost to him in the Assembly Elections last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees