Riot accused BJP MLA declared absconder
Rudrapur (Uttarakhand): BJP MLA Rajkumar Thukral, on the run since an FIR was lodged against him in connection with 2011 Rudrapur communal riots, has been declared an absconder by a local court.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ashutosh Mishra declared Thukral an absconder on Tuesday on a CB-CID petition seeking an order to this effect.
A notice has been pasted at the local MLA`s residence asking him to surrender himself before the court within a month failing which property attachment proceedings will be initiated against him, Udhamsingh Nagar SSP Ridhim Agrawal said.
Thukral has been charged with instigating communal clashes in Rudrapur on October 2 in which four persons were killed and over 12 injured.
He has been on the run since a non-bailable warrant was issued against him in connection with the case on October 15 this year.
The opposition BJP has alleged Thukral is being framed at the instance of a Congress leader who had lost to him in the Assembly Elections last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case