RLD`s 2nd list for UP poll, 1st for Uttarakhand
New Delhi: Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) on Friday
announced a list of six more candidates for coming Uttar
Pradesh assembly elections.
This was the second list of candidates announced by the
party for the elections.
Shahnawaz Rana, who had recently left BSP to join RLD,
has been given nomination from Bijnaur constituency while
Mohammad Azam Quraisi will contest from Sambhal.
The first list of 17 candidates was announced by the
party on December 19.
Party leaders today said more lists would be announced in
the coming days though they did not divulge the number of
seats it would be contesting.
Meanwhile, the first list of RLD`s nine candidates for
Uttarakhand assembly elections was also announced today.
BP Ghildiyal has been given the ticket from Dev Prayag
constituency while Satish Kumar and Babulal Gupta would
contest the elections from Vikas Nagar and Sahaspur seats.
Himanshu Chopra would contest from Haridwar rural seat.
The elections in Uttarakhand would be held on January 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey