RLD`s 2nd list for UP poll, 1st for Uttarakhand
New Delhi: Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) on Friday
announced a list of six more candidates for coming Uttar
Pradesh assembly elections.
This was the second list of candidates announced by the
party for the elections.
Shahnawaz Rana, who had recently left BSP to join RLD,
has been given nomination from Bijnaur constituency while
Mohammad Azam Quraisi will contest from Sambhal.
The first list of 17 candidates was announced by the
party on December 19.
Party leaders today said more lists would be announced in
the coming days though they did not divulge the number of
seats it would be contesting.
Meanwhile, the first list of RLD`s nine candidates for
Uttarakhand assembly elections was also announced today.
BP Ghildiyal has been given the ticket from Dev Prayag
constituency while Satish Kumar and Babulal Gupta would
contest the elections from Vikas Nagar and Sahaspur seats.
Himanshu Chopra would contest from Haridwar rural seat.
The elections in Uttarakhand would be held on January 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA