Rs 8.24 lakh sanctioned for Rudrapur riot victims
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday sanctioned an additional grant of Rs 8.24 lakh as compensation for the remaining 83 victims of last year`s Rudrapur riots.
The amount, sanctioned from the chief minister`s discretionary fund, is in addition to the relief of Rs 36.21 lakh sanctioned earlier, an official release said here.
All 83 of the victims had failed to get compensation due to inadequate funds.
Rudrapur town of Kumaon region had witnessed large scale violence that left four people dead and scores of others injured following an alleged act of sacrilege on October 2 last year.
The violence also created a communal tension in the area, forcing the administration to keep the industrial town under curfew for more than a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone