Rudraprayag DM suffers mild heart attack
Dehradun: Apparently stirred by the massive destruction in calamity hit Rudraprayag district, its District Magistrate Vijay Kumar Dhaundiyal suffered a mild heart attack.
The trail of death and devastation left by the calamity moved him so much that the officer suffered a mild stroke and had to be brought to the state capital for treatment.
Hospital authorities here said his condition is now out of danger.
His wife Asha said Dhaundiyal was deeply moved by the havoc wreaked by incessant rains in the district and could not sleep a wink ever since relief and rescue operations began.
Only people close to him are allowed to call on him at the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside