Rudrapur violence: Curfew relaxed for 2nd day
Dehra Dun: Curfew was on Thursday relaxed for five
hours in Uttarakhand`s Rudrapur town, where communal clashes
on October 1 left four persons dead and scores injured.
"The curfew was relaxed from 1 pm to 6 pm and there was
no report of any untoward incident," said PS Jangpangi,
District Magistrate of Udhamsingh Nagar.
The administration had given two hours relaxation in
curfew yesterday also.
Indefinite curfew was imposed in the town after communal
clashes over an alleged act of sacrilege left four persons
dead and scores injured. Mobs also torched five shops and
Depending on the situation, the curfew is likely to be
relaxed for a longer period tomorrow, sources said.
The authorities are maintaining strict vigil in the town
with police and Rapid Action Force (RAF) personnel patrolling
the vulnerable areas at regular intervals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal