Rudrapur violence: Curfew relaxed for two hours
Dehradun: Curfew was relaxed today for two
hours in Uttarakhand`s Rudrapur town where communal clashes
on Sunday left four persons dead and scores injured.
It was relaxed from 1200 hrs to 1400 hrs and the period
passed off incident-free, said DIG (Udhamsingh Nagar) Abhinav
Police and Rapid Action Force are keeping a high vigil
in vulnerable areas, he said adding a bid to strip a woman in
Rudrapur town was foiled.
Indefinite curfew was imposed in the town after communal
clashes over an alleged act of sacrilege left four persons
dead and scores injured. Mobs also torched five shops and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire