Rudrapur violence: Curfew relaxed for two hours
Dehradun: Curfew was relaxed today for two
hours in Uttarakhand`s Rudrapur town where communal clashes
on Sunday left four persons dead and scores injured.
It was relaxed from 1200 hrs to 1400 hrs and the period
passed off incident-free, said DIG (Udhamsingh Nagar) Abhinav
Police and Rapid Action Force are keeping a high vigil
in vulnerable areas, he said adding a bid to strip a woman in
Rudrapur town was foiled.
Indefinite curfew was imposed in the town after communal
clashes over an alleged act of sacrilege left four persons
dead and scores injured. Mobs also torched five shops and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city