Rudrapur violence: Curfew relaxed for two hours
Dehradun: Curfew was relaxed today for two
hours in Uttarakhand`s Rudrapur town where communal clashes
on Sunday left four persons dead and scores injured.
It was relaxed from 1200 hrs to 1400 hrs and the period
passed off incident-free, said DIG (Udhamsingh Nagar) Abhinav
Police and Rapid Action Force are keeping a high vigil
in vulnerable areas, he said adding a bid to strip a woman in
Rudrapur town was foiled.
Indefinite curfew was imposed in the town after communal
clashes over an alleged act of sacrilege left four persons
dead and scores injured. Mobs also torched five shops and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!