Russian tourist looted in Rishikesh
Rishikesh: A Russian tourist was looted here by a stranger who befriended her and took her for sightseeing, police said on Sunday.
23-year-old Alexandra Kapitonova, a Russian national, was befriended near the Laxman Jhoola by an unidentified man who offered to take her for sightseeing in the area yesterday.
While going on foot to Garurchatty waterfall along a deserted road, the man began behaving indecently with her, Laxman Jhoola police station SHO D S Rawat said.
When she resisted, the man snatched her purse containing Rs 1100 and a mobile phone and fled.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection and a search is on to trace the unidentified man, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home