Russian tourist looted in Rishikesh
Rishikesh: A Russian tourist was looted here by a stranger who befriended her and took her for sightseeing, police said on Sunday.
23-year-old Alexandra Kapitonova, a Russian national, was befriended near the Laxman Jhoola by an unidentified man who offered to take her for sightseeing in the area yesterday.
While going on foot to Garurchatty waterfall along a deserted road, the man began behaving indecently with her, Laxman Jhoola police station SHO D S Rawat said.
When she resisted, the man snatched her purse containing Rs 1100 and a mobile phone and fled.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection and a search is on to trace the unidentified man, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'