Russian tourist looted in Rishikesh
Rishikesh: A Russian tourist was looted here by a stranger who befriended her and took her for sightseeing, police said on Sunday.
23-year-old Alexandra Kapitonova, a Russian national, was befriended near the Laxman Jhoola by an unidentified man who offered to take her for sightseeing in the area yesterday.
While going on foot to Garurchatty waterfall along a deserted road, the man began behaving indecently with her, Laxman Jhoola police station SHO D S Rawat said.
When she resisted, the man snatched her purse containing Rs 1100 and a mobile phone and fled.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection and a search is on to trace the unidentified man, he said.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Vedanta posts Q4 loss of Rs 11,181 crore on impairment charge
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector
- Mamta Kulkarni's husband involved in country's biggest drug seizure?
- US economy expands 0.5% in Q1, slowest in two years
- MUST WATCH: What Indian Muslims said when they were asked to say 'Vande Matram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'