Russian tourist looted in Rishikesh
Rishikesh: A Russian tourist was looted here by a stranger who befriended her and took her for sightseeing, police said on Sunday.
23-year-old Alexandra Kapitonova, a Russian national, was befriended near the Laxman Jhoola by an unidentified man who offered to take her for sightseeing in the area yesterday.
While going on foot to Garurchatty waterfall along a deserted road, the man began behaving indecently with her, Laxman Jhoola police station SHO D S Rawat said.
When she resisted, the man snatched her purse containing Rs 1100 and a mobile phone and fled.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection and a search is on to trace the unidentified man, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional