SC notice on framing Master Plan for Haridwar
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has sought the
response of Uttarakhand government on framing comprehensive
rules for development of basic infrastructure in Haridwar in
view of alleged lack of planning.
A bench headed by Justice Dalveer Bhandari issued notice
to the state government and other authorities seeking their
response on why they have not framed a new Master Plan for the
city after the last one lapsed in 2001.
The court passed the order on a petition filed by a Haridwar resident Upendra Dutt Sharma pleading that there is a
complete mess in the city due to lack of proper planning,
influx of new vehicles and increased population in the pilgrim
"The traffic conditions in Haridwar have come in a state
of total mess on account of large number of influx of new
vehicles in the limited space of roads available in the city
though the number of vehicles have increased many fold in the
past decade. However, on infrastructure front the local
authorities and the state Government have done nothing,"
advocate Anurag Tomar, appearing for the petitioner, claimed.
He pleaded that that Master Plan for the year 1985 to 2001
for the city of Haridwar came to an end and after that no
Master Plan has been formulated for the city of Haridwar.
Sharma approached the apex court after the Uttarakhand
High Court had refused to entertain his PIL.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!