Security beefed up in Uttarakhand ahead of Prince Charles` visit
Dehradun: Security has been stepped up at several places in Uttarakhand in view of the forthcoming visit of Prince Charles and his wife Camilla Parker Bowles to the state beginning November six, officials said on Wednesday.
State Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar held a meeting with officials here to review preparations for the British royal couple`s visit to Uttarakhand.
He asked them to make elaborate security arrangements at places which form part of their itinerary including Rishikesh, Selaqui and Narendranagar, the officials said.
DGP B S Siddhu, Principal Secretary (Home) Om Prakash, Principal Secretary Protocol M H Khan and officials of the British High Commission attended the meeting.
Prince Charles and his wife are scheduled to arrive at Jollygrant airport here on November six. Soon after their arrival, they will leave straight for Rishikesh where they are scheduled to attend a programme at Paramarth Niketan.
The royal couple will attend programmes at the Indian Military Academy and the Forest Research Institute in the state capital the following day.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha
- 'Will give up public life if found guilty in AgustaWestland scam'
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning a dinner for Anushka Sharma?
- Do yoga, aquatic exercise to get relieve symptoms from multiple sclerosis
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa