Security beefed up in Uttarakhand ahead of Prince Charles` visit
Dehradun: Security has been stepped up at several places in Uttarakhand in view of the forthcoming visit of Prince Charles and his wife Camilla Parker Bowles to the state beginning November six, officials said on Wednesday.
State Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar held a meeting with officials here to review preparations for the British royal couple`s visit to Uttarakhand.
He asked them to make elaborate security arrangements at places which form part of their itinerary including Rishikesh, Selaqui and Narendranagar, the officials said.
DGP B S Siddhu, Principal Secretary (Home) Om Prakash, Principal Secretary Protocol M H Khan and officials of the British High Commission attended the meeting.
Prince Charles and his wife are scheduled to arrive at Jollygrant airport here on November six. Soon after their arrival, they will leave straight for Rishikesh where they are scheduled to attend a programme at Paramarth Niketan.
The royal couple will attend programmes at the Indian Military Academy and the Forest Research Institute in the state capital the following day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves