Sengupta sworn in as a judge of Uttarakhand High Court
Nainital: Justice Kalyan Jyoti Sengupta was today sworn in as a judge of the Uttarakhand High Court.
He was administered oath by the Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court Barin Ghosh at a simple ceremony here attended by other judges of the high court and members of the bar.
Justice Sengupta began his career as a lawyer in West Bengal High Court in the 1970s and subsequently rose to become a judge there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement