Sengupta sworn in as a judge of Uttarakhand High Court
Nainital: Justice Kalyan Jyoti Sengupta was today sworn in as a judge of the Uttarakhand High Court.
He was administered oath by the Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court Barin Ghosh at a simple ceremony here attended by other judges of the high court and members of the bar.
Justice Sengupta began his career as a lawyer in West Bengal High Court in the 1970s and subsequently rose to become a judge there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!