Sengupta sworn in as a judge of Uttarakhand High Court
Nainital: Justice Kalyan Jyoti Sengupta was today sworn in as a judge of the Uttarakhand High Court.
He was administered oath by the Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court Barin Ghosh at a simple ceremony here attended by other judges of the high court and members of the bar.
Justice Sengupta began his career as a lawyer in West Bengal High Court in the 1970s and subsequently rose to become a judge there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31