Sengupta sworn in as a judge of Uttarakhand High Court
Nainital: Justice Kalyan Jyoti Sengupta was today sworn in as a judge of the Uttarakhand High Court.
He was administered oath by the Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court Barin Ghosh at a simple ceremony here attended by other judges of the high court and members of the bar.
Justice Sengupta began his career as a lawyer in West Bengal High Court in the 1970s and subsequently rose to become a judge there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference