Senior bureaucrat`s bail plea in rape case rejected
Dehradun: A local court on Tuesday turned down the bail plea of a senior bureaucrat jailed for allegedly raping a woman on the pretext of providing her a job.
The District and Sessions Judge Ram Singh rejected JP Joshi`s bail plea saying his offence was of "serious nature", Joshi`s counsel Rupendra Bhandari said.
Joshi has already been suspended as the Additional Secretary (Home) after his name cropped up in connection with the case.
The bail petition had been filed in the District and Sessions Court after Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajiv Kumar refused to grant him bail in the case.
Bhandari said the bail petition will now be filed in the high court.
Joshi was arrested by Uttarakhand Police on December 3 after a woman lodged a complaint accusing him of raping her promising her a job in the Tourism department.
The bureaucrat is currently under Judicial custody till December 23.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai