Seven killed as SUV falls into gorge in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Seven persons were today killed while two others injured as their vehicle fell into a gorge in Tehri district of Uttarakhand.
A Tata Sumo SUV, carrying nine people, fell into a deep gorge on Mussoorie-Chamba road at Karakot area of Tehri this evening, police said.
Seven of the travellers died on the spot, police said, adding that two others were injured. The injured have been rushed to a hospital near Chamba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai