Seven killed as SUV falls into gorge in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Seven persons were today killed while two others injured as their vehicle fell into a gorge in Tehri district of Uttarakhand.
A Tata Sumo SUV, carrying nine people, fell into a deep gorge on Mussoorie-Chamba road at Karakot area of Tehri this evening, police said.
Seven of the travellers died on the spot, police said, adding that two others were injured. The injured have been rushed to a hospital near Chamba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya