Seven years imprisonment to rapist in Uttaranchal
Dehra Dun: A district court has sentenced a
man to seven years imprisonment for raping a minor girl at
Sahaspur area near here.
Fast Track Court Judge Narendra Dutt yesterday held
Jaheer Hasan guilty of raping the 15-year-old girl and
sentenced him to seven years imprisonment, officials said
A fine of Rs 5,000 has also been imposed on Hasan.
According to prosecution, the victim, a student of class
six, was raped by Hasan on October 26, 2007. He also
threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed the
matter to anyone. Later an FIR was lodged against him by the
girl`s family members following which he was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'