Seven years imprisonment to rapist in Uttaranchal
Dehra Dun: A district court has sentenced a
man to seven years imprisonment for raping a minor girl at
Sahaspur area near here.
Fast Track Court Judge Narendra Dutt yesterday held
Jaheer Hasan guilty of raping the 15-year-old girl and
sentenced him to seven years imprisonment, officials said
A fine of Rs 5,000 has also been imposed on Hasan.
According to prosecution, the victim, a student of class
six, was raped by Hasan on October 26, 2007. He also
threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed the
matter to anyone. Later an FIR was lodged against him by the
girl`s family members following which he was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics