Seven years imprisonment to rapist in Uttaranchal
Dehra Dun: A district court has sentenced a
man to seven years imprisonment for raping a minor girl at
Sahaspur area near here.
Fast Track Court Judge Narendra Dutt yesterday held
Jaheer Hasan guilty of raping the 15-year-old girl and
sentenced him to seven years imprisonment, officials said
A fine of Rs 5,000 has also been imposed on Hasan.
According to prosecution, the victim, a student of class
six, was raped by Hasan on October 26, 2007. He also
threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed the
matter to anyone. Later an FIR was lodged against him by the
girl`s family members following which he was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands