Sex workers lend support to Anna Hazare
Meerut: After transgenders, sex workers in the Kabadi Bazar area of Meerut district have joined the anti corruption crusade of Anna Hazare by observing a day`s fast.
"We fasted for a day and switched off lights in all brothels. We also offered candle light prayers in front of Hazare`s photograph yesterday," Usha, who runs a local brothel, said.
"Corruption affects us as much as it affects other people. So we have unanimously decided to support Anna," she said.
"Our step is an indication that if injustice is meted out to Anna, we will shut down the brothels and take to the streets to protest," she added.
Transgenders and sex-workers yesterday in cities including Nashik, Ahmednagar, Surat and Vadodara had come out in support of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested