Sex workers lend support to Anna Hazare
Meerut: After transgenders, sex workers in the Kabadi Bazar area of Meerut district have joined the anti corruption crusade of Anna Hazare by observing a day`s fast.
"We fasted for a day and switched off lights in all brothels. We also offered candle light prayers in front of Hazare`s photograph yesterday," Usha, who runs a local brothel, said.
"Corruption affects us as much as it affects other people. So we have unanimously decided to support Anna," she said.
"Our step is an indication that if injustice is meted out to Anna, we will shut down the brothels and take to the streets to protest," she added.
Transgenders and sex-workers yesterday in cities including Nashik, Ahmednagar, Surat and Vadodara had come out in support of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win