Sex workers lend support to Anna Hazare
Meerut: After transgenders, sex workers in the Kabadi Bazar area of Meerut district have joined the anti corruption crusade of Anna Hazare by observing a day`s fast.
"We fasted for a day and switched off lights in all brothels. We also offered candle light prayers in front of Hazare`s photograph yesterday," Usha, who runs a local brothel, said.
"Corruption affects us as much as it affects other people. So we have unanimously decided to support Anna," she said.
"Our step is an indication that if injustice is meted out to Anna, we will shut down the brothels and take to the streets to protest," she added.
Transgenders and sex-workers yesterday in cities including Nashik, Ahmednagar, Surat and Vadodara had come out in support of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum