Shekhawat`s ashes immersed in Ganga
Dehradun: Ashes of former Vice President
Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, who passed away in Jaipur last week,
were immersed in river Ganges at Haridwar today.
Priests performed various rituals as the ashes were
immersed in the sacred river in the presence of a large number
Earlier, the urn containing the ashes was brought to
the holy town, situated in the foothills of the Himalayas, by
the family members.
Hailed as the doyen of Rajasthan politics, Shekhawat,
affectionately called "Babo Sa", died of cardiac arrest at the
age of 87 in Jaipur last Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal