Shekhawat`s ashes immersed in Ganga
Dehradun: Ashes of former Vice President
Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, who passed away in Jaipur last week,
were immersed in river Ganges at Haridwar today.
Priests performed various rituals as the ashes were
immersed in the sacred river in the presence of a large number
Earlier, the urn containing the ashes was brought to
the holy town, situated in the foothills of the Himalayas, by
the family members.
Hailed as the doyen of Rajasthan politics, Shekhawat,
affectionately called "Babo Sa", died of cardiac arrest at the
age of 87 in Jaipur last Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter