Shekhawat`s ashes immersed in Ganga
Dehradun: Ashes of former Vice President
Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, who passed away in Jaipur last week,
were immersed in river Ganges at Haridwar today.
Priests performed various rituals as the ashes were
immersed in the sacred river in the presence of a large number
Earlier, the urn containing the ashes was brought to
the holy town, situated in the foothills of the Himalayas, by
the family members.
Hailed as the doyen of Rajasthan politics, Shekhawat,
affectionately called "Babo Sa", died of cardiac arrest at the
age of 87 in Jaipur last Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka