SIDCUL land scam a proof that govt doesn`t care for people: BJP
Dehradun: The BJP in Uttarakhand on Saturday said by selling precious SIDCUL land meant for industrial purposes at throwaway prices to real estate firms, the Vijay Bahuguna government has proved that it does not care for the people of the state.
"SIDCUL land adjoining corporation plots at Rudrapur and Haridwar which were sold at the rate of Rs 20,000 per metre in 2006 were sold by this government at just Rs 6,600 per square metre and that too to builders which are listed as defaulters in the official records of Uttarakhand," state BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat alleged at a press conference here.
Alleging a Rs 1,000 crore scam in SIDCUL land deals, Rawat said it shows the state government has "no concern for the interests of the people of the state".
Terming the tabling of Bhati Commission report on an alleged scam in Uttarakhand Seed and Tarai Development Corporation during the previous BJP government in the state as a move inspired by "political vendetta", Rawat said it was all done because BJP MLAs were demanding a CBI probe into the SIDCUL land deals.
Calling the probe panel`s report a "pack of lies", the BJP leader said its tabling in the House was not justified as it had been leaked even before being laid in the State Assembly. Rawat also alleged that the commission was constituted in violation of the norms to malign BJP leaders.
Bhati commission report tabled in the State Assembly recently has said that the appointment of Uttarakhand Seed and Tarai Development Corporation by the then BJP government was illegal besides alleging irregularities in the purchase of jute bags by the corporation for packaging seeds.
Rawat also accused the state government of taking credit for projects implemented by the previous BJP government in the state.
Citing the example of Lachchiwala flyover, he said the government claims it built the flyover for public convenience whereas the fact is that 95 percent of the work on the project was completed during BJP rule.
Rebutting the state government`s charge that BJP members did not allow the state Assembly to transact business during its just concluded Budget session, Rawat said it was the rigidity of the state government which was responsible for continued disruption of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says