SIDCUL land scam a proof that govt doesn`t care for people: BJP
Dehradun: The BJP in Uttarakhand on Saturday said by selling precious SIDCUL land meant for industrial purposes at throwaway prices to real estate firms, the Vijay Bahuguna government has proved that it does not care for the people of the state.
"SIDCUL land adjoining corporation plots at Rudrapur and Haridwar which were sold at the rate of Rs 20,000 per metre in 2006 were sold by this government at just Rs 6,600 per square metre and that too to builders which are listed as defaulters in the official records of Uttarakhand," state BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat alleged at a press conference here.
Alleging a Rs 1,000 crore scam in SIDCUL land deals, Rawat said it shows the state government has "no concern for the interests of the people of the state".
Terming the tabling of Bhati Commission report on an alleged scam in Uttarakhand Seed and Tarai Development Corporation during the previous BJP government in the state as a move inspired by "political vendetta", Rawat said it was all done because BJP MLAs were demanding a CBI probe into the SIDCUL land deals.
Calling the probe panel`s report a "pack of lies", the BJP leader said its tabling in the House was not justified as it had been leaked even before being laid in the State Assembly. Rawat also alleged that the commission was constituted in violation of the norms to malign BJP leaders.
Bhati commission report tabled in the State Assembly recently has said that the appointment of Uttarakhand Seed and Tarai Development Corporation by the then BJP government was illegal besides alleging irregularities in the purchase of jute bags by the corporation for packaging seeds.
Rawat also accused the state government of taking credit for projects implemented by the previous BJP government in the state.
Citing the example of Lachchiwala flyover, he said the government claims it built the flyover for public convenience whereas the fact is that 95 percent of the work on the project was completed during BJP rule.
Rebutting the state government`s charge that BJP members did not allow the state Assembly to transact business during its just concluded Budget session, Rawat said it was the rigidity of the state government which was responsible for continued disruption of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi