Sidelined Tiwari shares dais with BJP leaders
Dehradun: In a surprise move, Congress
veteran Narayan Dutt Tiwari today shared dais with Chief
Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and other senior BJP leaders
at a function marking the formation day of Uttarakhand here.
85-year-old Tiwari, who has virtually been sidelined
by his party after he was forced to quit as Governor of Andhra
Pradesh in December last year following a sex scandal, walked
to the dais with the support of his close aides and sat till
the completion of the function, where he was the only Congress
The gesture surprised the guests as though it was a
government function but Congress leaders usually avoid any
such event by the BJP government in the state.
"I am glad that Tiwariji is among us. Tiwariji has
played a long public innings. He has a vision for development.
Our earnest endeavour will be to take benefit of his vast
administrative experience," said Nishank in his speech.
"Mein unko pranam karta hun (I salute him) ," said
Nishank with folded hands.
Tiwari is a former chief minister of Uttarkhand and
Uttar Pradesh (UP).
Uttarakhand was carved out of UP on Nov 9, 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in