Sidelined Tiwari shares dais with BJP leaders
Dehradun: In a surprise move, Congress
veteran Narayan Dutt Tiwari today shared dais with Chief
Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and other senior BJP leaders
at a function marking the formation day of Uttarakhand here.
85-year-old Tiwari, who has virtually been sidelined
by his party after he was forced to quit as Governor of Andhra
Pradesh in December last year following a sex scandal, walked
to the dais with the support of his close aides and sat till
the completion of the function, where he was the only Congress
The gesture surprised the guests as though it was a
government function but Congress leaders usually avoid any
such event by the BJP government in the state.
"I am glad that Tiwariji is among us. Tiwariji has
played a long public innings. He has a vision for development.
Our earnest endeavour will be to take benefit of his vast
administrative experience," said Nishank in his speech.
"Mein unko pranam karta hun (I salute him) ," said
Nishank with folded hands.
Tiwari is a former chief minister of Uttarkhand and
Uttar Pradesh (UP).
Uttarakhand was carved out of UP on Nov 9, 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says