Sidelined Tiwari shares dais with BJP leaders
Dehradun: In a surprise move, Congress
veteran Narayan Dutt Tiwari today shared dais with Chief
Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and other senior BJP leaders
at a function marking the formation day of Uttarakhand here.
85-year-old Tiwari, who has virtually been sidelined
by his party after he was forced to quit as Governor of Andhra
Pradesh in December last year following a sex scandal, walked
to the dais with the support of his close aides and sat till
the completion of the function, where he was the only Congress
The gesture surprised the guests as though it was a
government function but Congress leaders usually avoid any
such event by the BJP government in the state.
"I am glad that Tiwariji is among us. Tiwariji has
played a long public innings. He has a vision for development.
Our earnest endeavour will be to take benefit of his vast
administrative experience," said Nishank in his speech.
"Mein unko pranam karta hun (I salute him) ," said
Nishank with folded hands.
Tiwari is a former chief minister of Uttarkhand and
Uttar Pradesh (UP).
Uttarakhand was carved out of UP on Nov 9, 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing