Singhal new pro-tem Speaker of U`khand Assembly
Dehra Dun: Jaspur MLA Shailandra Mohan Singhal, who has been elected for the third consecutive term, was Thursday sworn-in as the pro-tem Speaker of the newly-constituted Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly.
Governor Margaret Alva administered the oath of office to Singhal, Raj Bhavan officials said.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and few other Congress MLAs were present in the function, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement