Singhal new pro-tem Speaker of U`khand Assembly
Dehra Dun: Jaspur MLA Shailandra Mohan Singhal, who has been elected for the third consecutive term, was Thursday sworn-in as the pro-tem Speaker of the newly-constituted Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly.
Governor Margaret Alva administered the oath of office to Singhal, Raj Bhavan officials said.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and few other Congress MLAs were present in the function, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy