Six die in Nainital landslide
Dehradun: Six people were killed in a landslide in Uttarakhand`s Nainital district, officials said on Friday.
The landslide came after a heavy spell of rains in Bheemal area late Thursday.
Five people of a family and one other person were buried following the landslide triggered by incessant rains in the past few days.
Police confirmed the death of six people even as the met department predicted more rains in the region.
Seven people, all labourers, were killed two days back in Chamoli when a JCB machine caved in and fell in a gorge while clearing rubble from a road.
Heavy rains continued to disrupt rescue and rehabilitation work in Kedarnath and Badrinath area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience