Six die in Nainital landslide
Dehradun: Six people were killed in a landslide in Uttarakhand`s Nainital district, officials said on Friday.
The landslide came after a heavy spell of rains in Bheemal area late Thursday.
Five people of a family and one other person were buried following the landslide triggered by incessant rains in the past few days.
Police confirmed the death of six people even as the met department predicted more rains in the region.
Seven people, all labourers, were killed two days back in Chamoli when a JCB machine caved in and fell in a gorge while clearing rubble from a road.
Heavy rains continued to disrupt rescue and rehabilitation work in Kedarnath and Badrinath area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened