Six killed, 23 injured as bus falls into gorge in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Six persons, including two women and a minor girl, were killed and 23 others injured when the bus they were travelling in fell into a gorge on Thursday in Chamoli district, about 240 kms from here, police said.
The mishap took place at Pursari area between Nandprayag and Chamoli this afternoon when a mini bus coming from Karnaprayag with 29 persons on board fell into a 50-metre deep gorge, killing four on the spot and leaving the rest of them injured, they said.
Two more persons died at a hospital in Gopeshwar where the injured were admitted.
Prima facie the accident seems to have been caused by over-speeding, police said.
Further investigations into the matter are underway, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral