Six killed, 23 injured as bus falls into gorge in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Six persons, including two women and a minor girl, were killed and 23 others injured when the bus they were travelling in fell into a gorge on Thursday in Chamoli district, about 240 kms from here, police said.
The mishap took place at Pursari area between Nandprayag and Chamoli this afternoon when a mini bus coming from Karnaprayag with 29 persons on board fell into a 50-metre deep gorge, killing four on the spot and leaving the rest of them injured, they said.
Two more persons died at a hospital in Gopeshwar where the injured were admitted.
Prima facie the accident seems to have been caused by over-speeding, police said.
Further investigations into the matter are underway, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scorpio with 'Intelli-Hybrid' tech launched at Rs 9.74 lakh
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies