Six killed, 23 injured as bus falls into gorge in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Six persons, including two women and a minor girl, were killed and 23 others injured when the bus they were travelling in fell into a gorge on Thursday in Chamoli district, about 240 kms from here, police said.
The mishap took place at Pursari area between Nandprayag and Chamoli this afternoon when a mini bus coming from Karnaprayag with 29 persons on board fell into a 50-metre deep gorge, killing four on the spot and leaving the rest of them injured, they said.
Two more persons died at a hospital in Gopeshwar where the injured were admitted.
Prima facie the accident seems to have been caused by over-speeding, police said.
Further investigations into the matter are underway, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'